Transmedia Project

12048830_10207895692768992_1969851755_n 12165988_10207895692968997_1989363032_n 12092351_10207895692688990_805555371_n (1) 12092243_10207895692848994_1382983113_n 12047697_10207895693048999_760130888_n

Video link

Embedded into this post is the video, physical element (pictures of the phone) and wireframe associated with the Transmedia assignment from our Making Networked Culture class.

This assignment proved to be a challenge considering this was our first assignment we had to do predominately alone.

My first task was to determine what a transmedia video was, after heavy research I concluded that a transmedia video has elements of other media forms in its final presentation; this usually forms a “treasure hunt” sort of narrative which makes the audience much more interactive to the finished product. This is also a ploy by producers and CEOs to plug books, web series, films, etc. of a series.

After I had researched it and concluded what it meant, my next task was to think of a plot for my project; I decided to do a “unreliable narrator” like plot, which means a narrative in which is confusing at first to the audience until the pieces are put together, which I thought would really fit the interactive treasure hunt idea I was going for. I also chose psychological thriller as the genre just because I enjoy it as a genre and I know the key elements to it. After all this, I drew up the wireframe and then it was on to filming.

The filming was a bit difficult considering I was on a time constraint and I had to use my iPhone 6, plus I couldn’t afford to find proper actors, I had to settle for asking my sister to act in our house. This proved difficult as I really wanted to make the narrative as serious as I possibly could. But, since we live together filming was no problem as we got it all done in two days.

Editing proved to be the biggest challenge, using iMovie on my iPhone. I had to research certain aspects of it because I had never used it as an app before. This took quite a while as I made many mistakes and it is difficult to edit a 4 minute video on a tiny screen with two fingers.

After that was done, the additional links to the video were easy to obtain. I wrote up a blog post, edited together a short video as the “twist” of the narrative, and took some photos.

Credit to the music:
“Black Vortex” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

“Day of Chaos” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

“Lost Frontier” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Horror Tension Build Sound Effect

Horror Movie Violin Sound Effect

Very Beautiful Piano Melody Song

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s